This week I have been reminded how important the Word of God is in our lives. Not just the act of hearing it in a Sunday morning service , Sunday night Bible study , mid-week meeting or in a T.V. or radio broadcast. But actually spending individual time each week in reading the Bible.
We looked at Psalm 119, noticed the first phrase of each paragraph :
- Psalm 119:1 How blessed are those whose actions are blameless, who obey the law of the LORD.
- Psalm 119:9 How can a young person maintain a pure life? By guarding it
- Psalm 119:17 Be kind to your servant! Then I will live and keep your instructions.
- Psalm 119:25 I collapse in the dirt. Revive me with your word!
- Psalm 119:33 Teach me, O LORD, the lifestyle prescribed by your statutes, so that I might observe it continually.
- Psalm 119:41 May I experience your loyal love, O LORD, and your deliverance, as you promised.
- Psalm 119:49 Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope.
- Psalm 119:57 The LORD is my source of security. I have determined to follow your instructions.
- Psalm 119:65 You are good to your servant, O LORD, just as you promised.
- Psalm 119:73 Your hands made me and formed me. Give me understanding so that I might learn your commands
- Psalm 119:81 I desperately long for your deliverance. I find hope in your word.
- Psalm 119:89 O LORD, your instructions endure; they stand secure in heaven.
- Psalm 119:97 O how I love your law! All day long I meditate on it.
- Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to walk by, and a light to illumine my path.
- Psalm 119:113 I hate people with divided loyalties, but I love your law.
- Psalm 119:121 I do what is fair and right. Do not abandon me to my oppressors!
- Psalm 119:129 Your rules are marvelous. Therefore I observe them.
- Psalm 119:137 You are just, O LORD, and your judgments are fair.
- Psalm 119:145 I cried out with all my heart, “Answer me, O LORD! I will observe your statutes.”
- Psalm 119:153 See my pain and rescue me! For I do not forget your law.
- Psalm 119:161 Rulers pursue me for no reason, yet I am more afraid of disobeying your instructions.
- Psalm 119:169 Listen to my cry for help O LORD! Give me insight by your word!
See how many speak of God’s Word (the law, instruction, rules)
In verse 105 we are told “ Your word is a lamp to walk by, and a light to illumine my path.” It is the primary way in which God’s speaks to us. How can we know His direction for our lives if we don’t know His Word? This week let’s refocus on reading God’s Word regularly.
We watched a video from DC Talk In The Light.